Is it safe to get a tattoo or piercing?
Yes, in Viking tattoo studio we use brand new, hospital-sterilised, disposable needles for each and every client. The uncompromising hygiene and competence of our tattoo artists guarantee you a safe and quality environment.
Can I bring my own image or a ready design for my tattoo?
Yes,we also work with client models, and we will advice you, how will the tattoo look even better, according to your ideas.
How much will the tattoo be?
The price is based on the size of the tattoo,the position on your body,colours that would be used and the details that might be added or removed.
Do i have to pay a deposit when I make an appointment?
When your are schedule an hour for tattooing, you are booking the tattoo artist at a certain hour and day so that he will free for your convenience. Because of this you need to pay a deposit, so in case you cancel it, the artist can be refunded.
Do I have to be 18 years old in order to have a tattoo?
The official age at which you can have a tattoo is 18 years old, when you can take care of your actions, about you ,and your body. If you are 16 and older you should take permission from your parents and come with one of them at the scheduled day, so they can fill the needed documents and provide an id document.
I have a bad tattoo can it be covered up?
Yes,we cover up and fix old tattoos. In our studio you will get a trusted and professional advice of how can this be done .
How do I take care of my new tattoo?
- Leave your bandage on for 3 to 10 hours(your tattoo artist will tell you how long)
- Wash your hands with soap and then wash your tattoo thoroughly(but carefully)using warm water and paper towel , to remove any excess ,dried blood and plasma.
- Use a clean paper towel to dry your tattoo .Do not rub too hard. Leave it for at least 5 hours before you put the aftercare cream on it.
- After this period wash your tattoo again with washed with soap hands and dried again with clean paper towel .Apply the a very thin layer of the cream(sold here)to help moisturize and nourish the area. ALWAYS APPLY THE CREAM ONLY AFTER YOU WASH YOUR HANDS WITH SOAP .For the first 3 days put the cream 2 or 3 times at day and continue to use lukewarm water to clean your tattoo every time before applying the cream .After these 3 days put the cream 4 or 5 times at day for 2 weeks If on some places the plasma is drying it will look like yellow scab which is normal and it is NOT AN INFECTION. On this places you must put a bit more cream then on the rest of the tattoo.
- Do not use antibiotic creams(the professional aftercares are sold in TATTOO studios not in Pharmacy or the Supermarkets)
- The swelling of some tattoos in the first 5 or 6 days is normal and you do not have to treat it. It is possible the skin around the tattoo to become blue and yellow which is normal because the skin is been already hurt .It is possible the swelling to move down of the tattooing area( is depend on what part of the body is the tattoo) which is also normal.
- After few days the tattoo will start to scab and Do not pick and pull at the flaking skin .Picking away at your healing tattoo can delay healing , cause fading and increase the chances of infection.
- Do not expose your new tattoo to intense sunlight and do not apply any sun lotions on the area until it has fully healed.9
- Stay away from swimming pulls, Jacuzzis, ocean ,sea, sauna ,steam rooms and baths. The water in them MAY contain bacteria that will ruin your tattoo. Stick to short showers until your skin has fully healed.
- Avoid tight fitting clothes. As your tattoo heals, it will seep plasma and excess ink ,which may cause the clothing to stick to the tattoo and to damage it .If this happened do not pull the clothes. First wet well with water for 10 min. and carefully take off .The tight clothing also stop the oxygen to your skin ,who is essential for the healing process.
- If you are get tattoo on your feet do not wear shoes who rub it directly .If you put sandals or flip flops cover the tattoo when you go out with bandage(clean film) so the dust from the street is not sticking on it.
- Avoid working out for the first 5 to 10 days .Sweating and stretching the skin can damage the tattooed area while is healing.
- Do not go leaning on things with your new tattoo and do not let anyone to touch it. The restaurants, bars, clubs ,tables, and walls are full of dangers about your new tattoo.
- Once healed, keep your tattoo protected by the sun using a sun lotion( color guards) and moisturize And always listen to your tattoo artist advices he is the one who want to see your tattoo well healed even more than you.
Is it painful?
Every person has a different understanding of pain and of course different level of tolerance.In different parts of the human body the feeling from the needles is different ,but if you are concerned or your tattoo artist decides ,that you need help we have a tattoo numbing cream,which should be applied approximately 2 hours before the procedure.If you would like to have the tattoo area anesthetize its best to make a request when you make your appointment ,so we we can take proper action before the tattooing starts.
How should I prepare before the tattooing process begins?
Make sure, that your well rested ,hydrated and fed well. Also take a shower, dress with comfortable clothes and fully charge your phone or tablet battery